Atomic Pictures - Proud Supporter Of The Homewood Band


Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some of the most common questions asked by our parents, students, and prospective band members. If you still have questions, please contact any of the band staff who will be happy to help.

How does my child join the band?

Most of our students come from the middle school music programs but some join throughout their high school career.  In addition to instrumentalists, the band program encompasses dancers, color guard and student managers.  We want help find a place for every student with a desire to participate in the Homewood Band regardless of their prior musical experience.  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">Contact our band staff for more information.

Return to top

May students with disabilities participate in the band?

Absolutely! Our goal is to find a place for every student interested in being part of the Homewood Band. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">Contact our band staff for more information.

Return to top

What if my child can’t attend a practice or performance?

The success of our program depends on each student being prepared and fulfilling their commitment to the band by being present at every scheduled practice and performance.  Unless there is a serious reason, students are expected to attend every scheduled practices and performance. We understand that illness, unforeseen events and emergencies will occur but we request that doctor’s appointments or other activities not be scheduled during practice or performances.  Football games are not optional.

Return to top

My child is on prescription medication, what do I need to do?

A School Medication Authorization form must be completed for each prescription to be dispensed on a band trip.  The form is available on our downloads. Please provide the following information:

  • Make sure to list any food or drug allergies
  • Weight (very important for medication calculations)
  • Physician signature. 
  • Parents should sign bottom 2 lines.
Return to top

 What about over-the-counter medication?

A School Medication Authorization form must be completed for each over the counter medicines, such as Tylenol or Advil. A physician signature is not required for over the counter medications that do not require a prescription to purchase.

Return to topReturn to top

What are the rules regarding football games?

  • Football games are not optional. Every band member is expected to be at each game. There is simply no way to present our complete halftime show unless every student is present.
  • Students should eat before or after the game. Band students are not allowed to go to the concession stands and parents may not bring food, drinks or candy to students during the games.
  • Band students may not drink hot chocolate while they are in band uniform. Hot Chocolate will not come out of front of the band uniforms. 
  • We will provide water in the stands as well as a drink and snack after halftime.
Return to top